Asus MyPal A639 – Flash new firmware
Firmware rewriting procedure is useful when the PDA won’t start for various reasons, either is freezing at the Asus logo screen, or at the Windows Mobile logo screen or when different errors occur during operation.
The procedure of flasing firmware will reset the device to default settings. Beware: this procedure will erase all data and programs installed in the flash memory of the device, memory card data will not be deleted.
For flashing the firmware on Asus MyPal A639 follow the steps below:
1. Format a memory card using FAT16
2. Download file A639_K733.DIO
3. Copy the file A639_K733.DIO to memory card
3. Insert the memory card in the PDA
4. Simultaneously press these buttons POWER (6) + ENTER (5) + RESET (3)
5. Press and hold until PDA indicates the rewriting of the new firmware
6. PDA will automatically overwrite the old firmware with the new one, provided on the SD Card
7. After completion press RESET
For example see the picture below:
After resetting it may take some time until your PDA will boot the new operating system.