In some cases, Windows 7 will install a generic driver for your hardware. If Windows will keep telling you that the generic driver is the best driver, you can try to force a manual driver install.
– to force a manual driver install in Windows 7, you will need to download the proper driver, from hardware vendor page.
– go to Start -> Control Panel -> Device Manager or go to My Computer, right click on it, select Properties, than select Device Manager
– search for your device, right click on it and choose Update Driver Software…
– select Browse my computer for driver software (locate and install driver software manually)
– select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer
– click on Have Disk… button
– browse to driver’s folder and open the proper *.inf file
– pick the proper driver from the list and click Next
– the new driver will be loaded by the operating system
After a manual driver installation, a computer restart will be recommended. Check the new driver and driver version by selecting Driver Tab from Properties option in Device Manager.