Stuck Read Receipt emails can generate lots of delivery errors and can determine Outlook to enter in a continuous delivery loop, even when Outbox looks to be empty.
The simplest way to delete stuck Read Receipt emails, without using an additional tool, is to temporary switch your original Outlook database with a new temporary data file.
To temporary change your Outlook 2010 data file and to delete stuck Read Receipt emails you have to follow the steps below:
1. Open Outlook, go to Send/Receive tab and click on Work Offline
2. Go to File -> Account Settings -> Account Settins… -> Data Files -> Add… and create a new temporary data file for Outlook and click OK
3. From Data Files list, select the temporary data file created above, make it default by clicking on Set as Default button and then click OK
4. Close Outlook, open Outlook again and go to File -> Account Settings -> Account Settins… -> Data Files
5. Note down the path and the name of your original data file, select your original data file and click on Remove
6. Close Outlook, open it again and go to File -> Account Settings -> Account Settins… -> Data Files
7. Using the Add… button, browse and add your original data file, select the original data file from Data Files list and click on the Set as Default button
8. You can now remove the temporary data file from Data Files list by repeating the steps 4 to 6 and choosing your temporary data file instead of the original one. Finish the procedure by switching back to online mode using the Work Offline button from the Send/Receive tab.
Using the above procedure you can easily remove stuck Read Receipt emails from Outlook, without using a specialized tool.