Your car key doesn’t work properly?
It is likely that the car be equipped with an immobilizer and therefore you need to relearn the car key for the engine to start. The procedure is available for Volkswagen Golf, Volkswagen Bora manufactured between 1998-2006 and Skoda Fabia, Skoda Octavia manufactured between 1998-2007
Usually a key learning may be necessary:
1. After the failure of key or car system
2. If you want to add or replace a key
1. Using a spare key or a functional one, place the key in to ignition,
2. Switch ignition ON
2. Insert the key to be learned in driver’s door
3. Lock the car manually
4. Press lock or unlock button
5. Wait one second
6. Press lock or unlock button again
7. Car horn will sound to indicate correct key programming
The key should be ready to use, take it out of the car’s door and test it. The best test is to try to start the engine using your new key.
This procedure is also valid for Skoda if you use the spare key (the one not fitted with a remote control)